So if you know anything about the Grundbergs, you probably know that we like cold weather. A lot. And that we hate hot weather with an indescribable loathing. Why do we live in Texas, you ask? Well, that's another conundrum all together.
Lately, with these 100 degree temperatures, our air-conditioner decides to stop working at 2pm every day. I've tried everything I can think of. We try keeping it at a higher temperature throughout the day. We've covered every single window. We shower the air-conditioner with water to try and cool it off. We turn off the air-conditioner for a couple of hours and then turn it back on. Nothing---it just stops working.
We had the air-conditioner guy come out a month ago to give it a once-over, and he told us it was in great shape. And he even did a little tune-up just in case. This is not an old air-conditioner. So what could possibly be the problem here?
All I know is that I can't stand this. It's hard to find a reason to stay gone from the house for 4 hours every day. But seeing as how it's 2:35, I guess it's time to head to Sonic for Happy Hour.
***We had the guy come look at it again today (Saturday) and fortunately he was able to find some major problems that weren't too terribly expensive to fix. Huzzah!
4 comments:
That stinks. I hope that you can figure out what's wrong with it.
My poor a/c is fairly new, too, but can't keep up with the heat. Fall will get here at some point (fingers crossed).
That's awful. I hope you get it working again. Better yet, we could all use some rain and nice weather. I'll pray for both. :)
I don't even know what I would do without my air conditioner in the afternoons. Glad your air conditioner man was able to figure out what the problems were...hope it's fixed for good! And you gotta love that Sonic Happy Hour!
I'm glad you were able to find some relief.
Post a Comment