is not my strong suit.
I haven't been feeling well lately, and so I've been letting my wonderfully boisterous and OUTRAGEOUSLY messy children run rampant. The result? Living in an abode that constantly begs the question, "...What happened here?"
I thought I didn't care. But due to a certain social engagement, I found myself in the position of needing an absolutely clean house in order to save my tender pride.
After a day filled with mowing, weeding, sorting, dusting, vacuuming, etc, I had an epiphany. I really do love my house! It's lovely. But because it's so tall and skinny (narrow spaces stacked on top of one another), it only looks lovely when it's completely clutter-free. I felt such a strong motivation to keep in that way no matter the cost, just for the sake of my own personal inner-peace.
Regrettably, that was three days ago. I guess I'll have to wait for another social engagement for that personal inner-peace.
4 comments:
Haha, I'm with you there, it's not my strong suit either!
Yup. I love a clean house but not enough to spend what little free time I do have cleaning it constantly.
Josh is the reason my house stays relatively tidy. I have started to tell people that I am not a house-keeper.
Yeah, I pretty much only clean my house when people are coming over. I can totally relate to you on that. I like the feeling of a clean house, but usually lack the motivation to do something about it.
Post a Comment