Thursday, August 25, 2011

David is 5!

Craziest of all crazies, my little tiny David is now five years old. I think the following pictures (taken on his birthday) describe him best...






The big item on his birthday list? A Nerf watergun---you know, the kind that could take out a city street if necessary. It's actually called "The Hydrocanon" and he can barely hoist it on his tiny little shoulders.

David opted for a Cookie Cake this year (and I was terribly grateful to him, because that meant a quick trip to the grocery store instead of an hour or two baking/decorating). He was incredibly pleased with it, as you can see here (look at that smug little face).


He was also incredibly interested in sucking the frosting off of the candles (in fact all of them were, Steven Sr. included. I don't get it).


Lil' Dave, how did you get so big? You are my snuggler...you have no bones about crawling up into my lap and demanding to get under the covers with me. You are the slowest eater I've ever seen in my life. Breakfast and dinner are usually just one big comedy show with various threats from mom and and dad thrown in. You are one wild child, son--always the life of the party, always the center of things. Your dad and I are pretty darn crazy about you (heck, your brothers are too)! Thank goodness for you, Little Sunshine, you make me smile all day long.

2 comments:

Ben and Shani said...

I love those pictures of David. They just fit him to a T.

Jenni said...

I bet it is a lot of fun living at your house.