Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Fabulous Birthday Week

I had a really good birthday this year. My family, my sweet friends, my husband and my kids all made a terribly wonderful fuss over me, and made me feel like yeah, they were all pretty glad I was born. I received so many wonderful birthday wishes and beautiful presents. It just kinda makes you feel gooshy inside, seeing so many people of such high caliber doing their best to make sure YOU have a special day. Maybe even a little verklempt.

But the absolute highlight of the festivities—in all its glory---was the cake my husband and kiddos made and decorated for me. Now brace yourselves---


We had a fire extinguisher ready…



Jake also enjoyed decorating.



In conclusion, thank you—oh, thank you sweet family and friends for giving me a really great week.

5 comments:

Emm said...

Well happy belated birthday....I am a freaken great friend! :) Hope you had a wonderful one!

Jenni said...

Yea for a husband who does a good job with stuff like that. Mine loves me for sure but if it weren't for Ash, well...

Jenny said...

PUL-LEEZ, Emmaly, you are a fabulous friend---and speaking of which we must get together soon. Like tomorrow.

Shelley said...

I'm glad Jake enjoyed the festivities as well! I'm glad you had a good birthday.

Unknown said...

Whoa! That cake is happy-birthday-istic-intense! LOVE IT!