Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Dumb Weekend

I've really had one. Maybe its due to Stevie starting school and David talking NON-STOP while he's gone. Could it be lingering pregnancy brain? Or maybe the intelligent brain cells that have been battling the dumb ones for so many years have finally thrown in the towel and gone out for pizza. Whatever the cause, I've been seriously dumb this weekend.

1) I've planned on substituting for the school district this year. I filled out an application, got copies of transcripts, renewed my teaching certification--all that jazz--and then completely forgot to sign up for the orientation. Consequence? It's completely full and there won't be another one for six months. That's a nice little chunk of money down the drain.

2) Early this morning I received an email, reacted immediately to it without fully reading it, AND (against my own immediate self-advice--that's right, I talk to myself), responded without censoring myself, and quite spicily, too. Now I have to deal with THAT mess.

3) Stevie got invited to a birthday party. Without thinking, I asked if its okay if I bring David, since otherwise I would have to drop Stevie off and leave. What I didn't realize is that I was SUPPOSED to drop Stevie off and leave. So not only did I end up crashing this party AND bringing another kid with me, I was the ONLY OTHER ADULT THERE! I'm sure this poor woman didn't need the added stress of entertaining ME when she had a kid's birthday party to throw. I left as soon and as tactifully as I could.

These are just a few. Gee Whiz. I should really just go to bed. But I'm afraid I'll just toss and turn over all the stupid things I've done. *Sigh. Let's see if I can make it through the day tomorrow without, say, sending our life savings to help out the de-throned prince of Nigeria.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I think we all have days/weekends like that. Hopefully people will understand, since it happens to everyone. I for one, can totally relate!

Jenni said...

You know that we all are like this, right? And Sunday begins a new week and a chance to forget all this trauma!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Silly Jenny :). I agree with the other Jenni-with-an-i...Sunday starts a new fresh week!!

I've started blaming mine on aspartame poisoning ;).

Andrea said...

i hope you know i completely understand. :) no worries k. i have had my own weekends... ok weeks... we all have em.