Monday, September 20, 2010

Cupcakes in the Classroom

I brought cupcakes to Stevie's classroom in honor of his birthday today. Chocolate cupcakes with a piece of hershey's chocolate in the center, topped with chocolate frosting and another piece of chocolate. They were a big hit, if I do say so myself---though I think I probably could have gotten a similar reaction with just a can of frosting with spoons.

I really love Stevie's teacher. She is very easy going and lovable. All the little kids ooed and ahhed over Jacob, too. Then they all proceeded to tell me (simulataneously) about their own siblings, parents, favorites foods, and various broken bones and other injuries, etc. It was a bit overwhelming and I ate it up like cake. What sweet little kids.

I'm relatively sure Stevie was glad to see us. He acted a little sheepish at first, but warmed up when he realized his cupcake-serving responsibilities. Such a funny kid. He wouldn't ride home with me, though. He refused to be robbed of his coveted bus-ride home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

YUM - send a few of those cupcakes my way :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEVIE!

Margaret

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I'm totally petrified to take cupcakes to Bella's school next week! lol. I don't know why!! But I'm glad to hear you had a success...I may have to follow your recipe!!

And umm, too funny about his bus-ride! Bella would be the same way...she wants to ride that bus SO BAD! lol

Ben and Shani said...

That is soooo cute and those cupcakes sound like my kind of thing. The more unhealthy the better YUM!!

elshmobelsh said...

Hope y'all had super fun birthdays! I'm glad you were able to make it to the dance night. Sounded so fun. jealous. ;) AND I can't believe how stinkin' big Jacob is getting!!! What a doll! Goodluck with the primary program coming up. Wish we could be there. :(