Saturday, September 18, 2010

Last Night...

1) I threw an enormous hissy fit because our babysitter cancelled on us 5 minutes before we walked out the door. I cried and yelled and stomped my foot like a 4-year-old. It was a truly spectacular display.

2) I called a friend in the tiny hope that her in-laws really WEREN'T in town and she'd take the kids for us. 2 minutes into the phone conversation, she says, "Jenny, just bring them OVER! We're not doing anything." And so I was saved from a night of silent fuming and watching episodes of LOST. Friends like that don't grow on trees!

3) I danced and danced and danced with a strange manic energy that I hadn't felt in years. I stepped on Steven's foot every two seconds but had a blast doing it. We sweated like two warthogs in the jungle and felt like we'd have coronaries at any second, and STILL we kept dancing. (Though admittedly, our foxtrot is a sad sight indeed.)

4) Steven and I finally danced our fill and left to retrieve our kids. We had a nice little chat with Shani and Ben (and Ben's parents!) and finally shepherded our children in the car and then home and then bed. I absolutely collapsed and fell into a deep sleep ridden with strange, anxiety-filled dreams.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I would have had a fit too, foot stomping included. I'm glad that things worked out well for you.

Solveig Atwood said...

I love your descriptions, Jenny! Especially the "sweating like two warthogs in the jungle"...hee hee hee. I think it's awesome you and Steve do things like go dancing; having to choose between fox-trotting and watching LOST, Brady will ALWAYS choose LOST.

It is true that friends like that don't grow on trees. They are a blessing indeed!

Unknown said...

I KNOW first hand how you two can GET DOWN! LOVE IT!

Margaret