
I went to my first doctor’s appointment today. I’d never met this doctor before, so I had a few reservations—all of which were unfounded. Dr. Griffis is wonderful and she really took a lot of time answering my questions and finding out everything she could about me. I really appreciated that. Some doctors just kind of nod at you on the way in and BOOM, they’re examining without so much as a hello. It was nice that she gave me a chance to get to know her before we went down this whole 9-month long road.
The boys have been terribly bored lately—because I have been terribly lethargic. I can’t remember the last time it was so hard to get things done. I could seriously lie in bed All. Day. Long. But I need to get my rear in gear, because otherwise my children will either die of boredom or wind up killing each other. Plus, the house is standing on its ear, and I haven’t even been making the pretense of straightening it up before Steven gets home. He opens the door, and there’s the Slug, lounging in her sty. (mixed metaphors?)
Fortunately, we’re going to Arizona on Thursday for Steven’s sister Jenny’s wedding. We’ll be spending a whole week with Steven’s family, and I can’t wait. Hopefully this will get me out of my sludgery.
P. S.—As I’m writing this, David is in the corner singing “Wooaah—oh! Livin’ on a Prayer!” (Bon Jovi)
P.P.S.—I just finished doing the dishes, so I feel a bit less guilty about my lazy day.
P.P.P.S.--I just realized that the title of this post sounds like some sort of children's fable.
7 comments:
I second the Children's fable. Thanks for sharing your sweet bebe pic!
You are so cute! I love when you post you make me smile!
It does sound like a children's fable. I'm so happy for you and your baby!
How exciting!! Did you get to hear the heartbeat? I love that first appointment it makes everything so real.
You are so cute! Dont worry about being lazy, everyone is in the first part of every pregnancy. After your first trimester, you know as well as me that it gets better!
I call my baby a peanut, too.
I'm glad that you like your doctor, it makes such a difference to have one that you trust.
I love my doctor, even though I only see her once a year or so.
Post a Comment