I went to a good ole fashioned Corn Boil last night!We have some friends from Iowa, and they had their (visiting) parents bring home a trillion cobs from back home for us all to enjoy. And seriously, they were amazing. It made me a believer in Iowa corn. I brought a dessert—my faux cherry cheesecake. Admittedly, I brought it with the deep hopes that no one else would like it, and I’d end up taking the whole thing home. It didn’t work out, though. *Sigh.
Regardless, I had an amazing time. We just have the nicest, funniest friends. Spending time with them is so relaxing and fun. Maybe it’s just the fact that I can let my children run wild and know that they’re safe and having a good time…….Naaa, I let them run wild anyway—it must be the company.
In conclusion—talking and laughing my butt off with adults is nice.
On another note, I definitely have the pregnancy yuck. I feel like throwing up all day long, but I never do. The only thing that sounds good is water and … well, nothing. But don’t get me wrong, I’m happily nauseous--looking forward to the little stinker at the end of the road! This one’s just making me work for it!
1 comment:
My mouth is watering just reading about your corn!! Yummy!!
How far along are you exactly? You should put up a little count down on your page so we can all see your progress!!
Post a Comment