Monday, July 20, 2009

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!

Can you believe it? Just look at the test! (This is the 3rd one I took. Is it weird that I’m posting a picture of something I peed on?)



After 13 long months, we’re finally pregnant! I found out on Thursday. When I took that first test (just a cheap, Walmart-brand one), I was just sure it was going to be negative. I even said out loud, “See, you’re not.” And then, ever so slightly, the plus sign started to show through…and get darker and darker. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I shouted out “Yes!” and smacked my hand hard on the door and then burst into tears (tears of joy---and maybe just one or two of pain).

I’m just so grateful. I was just sure it would never happen. Once again, the Lord is probably shaking his head and chuckling, saying, “Just WAIT already!” All I can say is, Thank You, Lord, thank You! Thank you a million times over. My heart is full of joy.

And do you want to hear the dangedest part? I was pondering the other day on how this has truly been a lesson in patience. And then immediately afterwards I thought, “Man, now we have to wait NINE whole months! Geez!”

I'll never learn. :)

Lilypie

22 comments:

Kristy said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I just scared the crap out of my kids...let out a whoopin' YES!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for you and your fam!!! Great things come to those who wait!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Anna said...

13 months is a long time, and it's probably felt more like 13 years, but YEAH! Congratulations!

Shannon said...

Congrats Jenny! That is the best news! I am so happy for you!

Shelley said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you, I know you have been waiting for forever. Congratulations!

Mandie said...

I've been thinking about your getting pregnant woes lately (since we're kinda trying ourselves) and hoping that you would get pregnant soon! YAY! The Lord's time is really strange sometimes, huh?

Carly said...

YAY Congrats! I was so happy to read your fun news!

Jenni said...

YYYEEEAAAHHHH! I am so happy for you.

~Darcy~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YEAY another grundy on its way!! It will be a girl, I can just feel it!!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!

Amber said...

So So SOOOO happy for you! I can't wait to live vicariously through you!! :)

Hilllary Howland said...

I know that it really did feel like 13 years!! So exciting. I'm super inpatient! I had the hardest time waiting to find out the sex let alone 9 months to meet the sweet thing. How fun. Should I join the baby train?? Yeah for you!!

Jody said...

Congrats Girl!!!! That is fantastic!!!

Bonnie said...

Yay! Another cute Grundberg on the way. I'm so happy for you all!

Missy said...

Congrats Jenny! I am so happy for you!!!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm so happy I could burst! And thanks for listening to me cry about it for those long months!

Marby said...

I TOLD YOU if you started focusing on your weight loss this would happen, didn't I? It was sooo worth it though. I am SO HAPPY for you I could burst, too!!!

Solveig Atwood said...

YAY Jenny!!! What fantastic news...I am so happy for you guys!!! I just knew your fertility woes were unfounded...

Can't wait to hear more! Keep us updated!

Caroline said...

Yea! I'm very happy for you! Take care of yourself :)

Aimee said...

I just read your blog and called Pete to tell him! We are both thrilled for you guys! Many congratulations and we are so excited to see you in a couple weeks!

The Eldredges said...

What great news! I am so happy for you, Jenny! Congratulations!