I finally signed Stevie up for swimming lesson at the YMCA, and he has absolutely loves them. He's such a water bug! I've been SO PROUD of him, because he's OBVIOUSLY the most talented one in his class (of course--he's probably the oldest one too, but that's beside the point).
Here's some photos of him doing being a "starfish." I thought it was a clever way to teach them how to float on their backs.
Stevie was the only boy in the class, and definitely the most rambuncious and impatient. While waiting for his turn, he would often kick his legs crazily in the water, upsetting girls when they got splashed. The little stinker.
I like this picture because it looks like he's hitting on that cute little girl. (It's definitely more likely that they were arguing about which one was the more awesome swimmer. Stevie's yet to learn about charming modesty).
But all in all, I think this has been a really positive experience for him. He's extremely excited about swimming right now, and I think these lessons have helped him feel even more comfortable in the water. He can even swim a few feet underwater now (but only if he has his goggles on. He insists on being able to see, and can't wrap his head around the idea of closing your eyes under water).
David was a bit upset about being allowed to go to swim lessons with Stevie. But he cheered up (after a good long pout) when I assured him we'd sign him up for some lessons when he was big enough.
2 comments:
He is such a cutie and that water looks so refreshing...
I remember taking swimming lessons with Bonnie when we were kids. Maybe I'll write about it.
Post a Comment