Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TUESDAY (of last week)

My brother Jeff and his family came visiting from Arlington last week. It was really good to see them, because now that we live in League City, we barely ever get to see them at all. They have two AWESOME sons, Andrew (11) and Zack (7). My sons, Stevie (4) and David (2) think Andrew and Zack are just about the coolest dudes in the known world (well...that's barring Daddy, of course).

Dad invited us down on Tuesday night to sample some of Jeff's newfound grill-master skills (free steak--yum!). Afterwards, I ended up taking my nephews home with me to spend the night with us.

Needless to say, it was VERY loud in my house.

After some hardcore Guitar Hero action, the boys got crazy with the costumes. Here's Andrew and Zack in their respective "Cop" and "General Bad Guy" outfits.

(And I know that gun Zack is holding looks a little life-like--but that's only because the orange tip fell off and got lost....what can I say, it was a cheap county-fair prize)

Followed up of course by some hearty trampoline jumpage:

I always let the nephews stay up practically all night and watch tv and play video games. I make MY kids go to bed, but I always want to spoil my nephews rotten (what can I say? I'm gonna be that kind of grandma, too). They conked out on the air-mattresses around 1am.

It didn't seem to affect anyone, because they were all up at the break of day, rowdy as usual. We decided to go take in the dollar movie, "Monsters vs. Aliens," which was pretty dang funny. Here's a picture of them in the parking lot.
(I can't believe this is the BEST picture I got of all four of them--but I guess it pretty much captures the general mood).

I just love these kids. I really miss them. I remember holding Andrew when he was just a few days old. I remember visiting Zachary in the NICU when he was a premie. And now Andrew's one year away from getting the Aaronic Preisthood and Zack's about to be baptized. I hate that they live so far away. Once again, it makes me thankful for eternal families, and we'll all be celestial next-door neighbors someday.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

That's a lot of boys in one house!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

What a fun aunt you are!

Jenni said...

That's so funny because I am looser with Ren than Bonnie but still pretty square. I like to do fun things but don't want to send her back too crazy because then Bonnie would never let me have her again.

Solveig Atwood said...

Oh how fun!! I love seeing my neices and nephews. I just hate that everyone lives so far away and it can only happen once a year or so. :(

Bonnie said...

(That's true Jenni, I wouldn't let you have her back if you spoiled her too much.) But it's great that you can spoil your nephews Jenny, and that they are old enough not to be cranky and whine all day when you let them stay up until 1am!