Remember awhile ago, when I wrote about how Steven and I had signed the kids up for the "Parents' Night Out" at the YMCA for Valentine's Day? We had planned to drop the kids off, and then go have a fun-filled evening together at t-he Stake Valentine's Sweetheart Ball. I've been so excited about this. My friend Amber loaned me an adorable little red dress that actually looks good on me (a feat in itself), I bought some adorable 4-inch matching pumps and some accessories to go with it. I've been just dying to get all gussied up and have a night of care-free dancing and romancing with the hubby.
It just wasn't to be.
The kids had been sick earlier in the week, but were 100% normal yesterday, with no fever, no up-chucks, and no peakiness. They were bouncing off the walls like normal kids. We went out to lunch around 2pm to "La Brisa," our all-time favorite restuarant down here. Stevie was acting sleepy, but I just attributed it to the fact that he had spent the morning at a skating birthday party and had an amazingly hyper time.
Not so.
At five o'clock, as I had just finished packing their dinners, snacks and diaper bag, Stevie throws up not once, not twice, but three times in a row (in three different areas, mind you). He seemed fine after that, but we just couldn't let him go and spread it to all the other kiddies (though I struggled over this for a few minutes, mind you).
I feel like punching someone. But instead I'll spend yet another night watching Blues Clues, cleaning up puke and trying to keep my kids from killing each other.
Boo-hoo.
At least the YMCA gave us our money back.
7 comments:
that is the saddest Jenny! Brenna just started throwing up as well but we did not have plans for tonight. (obviously because I am doing my normal blogstalking routine :)) I hope they feel better soon. and you defintitly should figure out another fancy date to do as soon as they get better!!
Oh Jenny... I'm so sorry! That really sucks! I've been lucky... no puking here... Knock on wood. I plan to keep it that way. Well, I guess when the kids are better you can use that money to hire a sitter an go to a club. I know, It's not the same. Here's hoping the little ones get better.
Oh Jenny! I am so sorry! Seriously, I teared up! I hate plans gone awry, and I hope your babies are feeling better soon!
I wish I lived closer so that I could watch your kids while you went out. That really stinks that you missed all the fun festivities, but kudos to the Y for giving you a refund.
Oh, Jenny that stinks! I'm so sorry. Save the red dress and pumps - you'll get another chance. Right, Steven? Very soon! And I totally want to come see you sometime fairly soon. My friend Marianne lives in Houston, so I want to make a big sweep and hit your crib, too. When the baby is a little older and doesn't SCREAM in his car seat anymore - I'm there!
That sucks. I am impressed tha tthe Y gave you a refund though. That is the silver lining I guess. That and knowing that times like this are when you are earning your good parent karma points.
So sorry the night turned out to be a bummer! :(. Hopefully you'll get a chance soon...any young women in the ward that need to make some money?
I hope the boys are feeling better, give them hugs from us!!
Post a Comment