Friday, February 13, 2009

Makin' Valentines

This is Chassy.

Just a little plant we picked up at Walmart in order to fill up my incredibly bare bookshelves. Stevie decided to name it "Chassy" (reference unknown). Recently Chassy has been losing a leaf or two lately, due to the fact that though we were in raptures when we found him, we now consistently forget he's there. Anyway, when these two leaves fell off (actually, one fell, the other was pulled...that's another story), they looked vaguely like hearts to me.


I thought to myself, "Well, we'll just dip them in paint and use them to make little hearts for valentines!" Sounds like a perfectly crafty-mom idea, no? Well, unfortunately, when we tried to use them, they really just made huge red and pink splotches. Que Sara. The kids still had fun making a mess and gluing stuff (oh, how they love to glue).

This was seriously the first time I've done a project with the kids where the mess wasn't so collasal afterwards that I wanted to burn the house down. We actually (all) had a lot of fun. I just let them go crazy. And the cards turned out kind of fun, too. A tad abstract, but still cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bella loves tape like your boys love glue. She tapes everything.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Those are GREAT Valentines!! Just beautiful....good job boys!

Shannon said...

awww! that is a GREAT idea! So cute! You are such a good mommy to let them make a mess, I need to loosen up a bit with that!

Jenni said...

I came home to a mess like that once when Ash decided to make T-shirts with her "team name" (with three other girls) and had iron on letters and tie dye stuff all over the dining room.
The cards turned out well.

Carly said...

cute cards!