After picking them up from the child play area at the YMCA the other day, Stevie launches into this spiel about how he and David were pretending to chase bad guys and they were the “nice” guys and they were using shoot-guns and David was pretending to drink Sprite and Stevie was drinking root beer and yes this was all in one breath.
And just today, Stevie, David and some random kid were running around purposefully, every now and then pretending to change outfits. When I questioned Stevie about it, he told me that he was “Ball Guy” and David was “Pie Guy” and that his little friend was “Fire Guy.” He told me that his power was 1) turning into a ball (which he then demonstrated) and 2) throwing water balls at bad guys. (Personally, I think Fire Guy probably had the most useful superpower).
Anyway, I just love to see them using their imaginations and playing pretend on their own like that. It takes me back to those days of riding my bike around the neighborhood with my next door neighbor Mary, playing “Cagney and Lacey”—(presumably because they were the only female detectives we’d ever heard of at the time). Good times.
5 comments:
Isn't crazy the things they come up with??
I tried to leave a comment for your baby blues but it's not working. So I'll leave it here..... I completely understand what you are feeling. Every month feels more like a year. This is a crazy emotional roller coaster. It is the number 1 reason we aren't trying for another now. It's hard. You are so right that the lord knows what is right for us, and when it is right for us. Don't lose faith. Good luck at the Dr!
I'm sending you love and (((hugs)))
Aww! Thats too cute! Imagination rocks!!
I missed most of the imaginiation stages with my girls but I love seeing Ren and Kelton play and be kids like that.
I think I like Pie Guy. That is the most inventive of super heroes. if its that he's shaped like pie or he throws them I still think its cool.
That is so stinkin' cute! And I used to run around my neighborhood playing Dukes of Hazzard! I was always Daisy, tied to a tree and needing rescue. Those were the days!
Post a Comment