Steven was practicing with his pianist friend after work today, so I had offered to make dinner for my Dad down in Galveston. I called my dad to see if I needed to bring anything, and he listed off a few things. So after I hung up I went to fetch them from the pantry. While reaching for a bottle of canola oil in the back, I tipped over a GLASS BOTTLE OF OLIVE OIL and broke it all over our kitchen floor.
This sucked for many reasons.
1) There were now tiny, transparent pieces of skin-piercing glass all over the floor, just waiting in malevolent anticipation to stab me in the foot.So here I am Mormon-cursing and weeping away when Steven walks in the door. He takes one look at me--in my oily blue jeans and a paper towel stuck to each foot-- and calms my hysteria by banishing me from the kitchen with promises to clean it all up, and sends me on my way with a hug and a kiss. (Did I mention he just gotten home from a 10 hour work day)?
2)Do you KNOW how hard it is to clean OLIVE OIL off of ANY SURFACE, let alone an entire kitchen floor peppered with teeny pieces of glass (which, by the by, were practically impossible to extract from the oily, gooey floor)?
3) My dad is a stickler for time, and this already made me leave 30 minutes later than he expected me.
4) The kids were trying to kill each other in the back seat of the car.
Well, we fortunately got down to my Dad’s place without incident. That is until we got there and I slammed the car door shut, realizing I'D LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE FRIGGIN' CAR!!!
So now I had to call up Steven and ruin his evening by asking him to come unlock the car. And do you think the man even gave a SIGH of impatience at my never-ending stupidity? No. He immediately says “It’s okay, Sweetie, I’ll just call Ben up to cancel and then come and get you.” And he did.
Can you believe this guy? Is he for real? He’s too good for me.
7 comments:
How sweet is he. It's so nice to have a guy to help out when you are on your last thread... Trust me I know! I know sometimes we want to strangle our mansies but you've got to love their calming spirits. Way to go Steve!
That kinda gets me teary-eyed. What a lovely sweetheart, he is!! He is scoring MAJOR brownie points, and only 4 days in to February...good job, Steven!! (though we know, he is in no way doing any of this because V-day is around the corner...he is just awesome like that....shhhh, we won't tell)
Oh! serious sniffles! I am a sucker for a good mad story. We got good ones Jenny!
Oh, you are blessed.....you need to write a book....seriously, some people NEVER know anyone this kind......the man is a saint.......
um...my comment should say man, a good man story. and i agree with sherry and i count myself in the blessed category, we have great husbands!
I think sometimes that our boys (men maybe, but often mine screams boy) know when to just hold back the sarcastic remarks and step into the caregiver role. Every once in a while Derek surprises me and does just what I need, or more and saves the day, once again.
But you totally deserve it, Jenny.
Post a Comment