Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lamest Post Ever (but with pics!)

Yesterday I:

Went to playgroup at Chick-fil-A. It was a madhouse, but I can never turn down Chick-fil-A (curse their peanut oily goodness!) Here’s Stevie being squeezed by one of his little friends.

Here’s what I look like if you ask if you can steal one of my chicken nuggets.

And here's me flashing some wicked mad gang signs. (I'm so hard core).

Here’s my lovely friend who was gracious enough to let me take this beautiful picture. (that's right, Cowley! I immortalized it!)

Afterwards we drove my Dad down to Galveston. He had dental surgery today and was enormously just a tiny bit loopy. We drove past the remnants of this house on his street.
There's a certain fascination with having your picture taken amongst destruction.

Then it was off to Sam’s Club for some much needed items and some not so much needed items, followed up by one of their disgustingly delicious and life-shortening slices of pizza (Grundberg tradition. Don't you judge me!)
Then tonight Steven and I went to go see “Gran Torino.”
(Seriously, could Clint's pants be any higher?)

It was a redemption story (which I'm a sucker for) and was pretty dang good. But I thought the “troubled teen” and the “brave priest” characters were pretty sorry actors. Also, there were a few cheesey parts (especially clint Eastwood’s ‘Grumpy Ole Man’ face. Come on, clint!) But it was awesome and I would see it again.

7 comments:

Keithaniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Oh! I was waiting for this post! LOL! I love all those fun pics of you! And I looooove Sam's (and Costco) pizza. Every time we go we HAVE to eat lunch there! So delicious!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I promise if we go to Chick-fil-A I wont steal your nuggets.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Those destruction pics are absolutely crazy!!!
This was SO not a lame post...I loved the gang signs...especially fitting since you went and saw Gran Torino (totally on my list to go see). And yes...Clint is finally the epitome of an old man!! lol..it's about time, he's been around forever ;).

Sherry said...

It's hard to believe that Galveston looks that terrible. I mean, you see it on TV, but unless you've actually been there, it's hard to comprehend. Where is your dad living now? How about Adam's family? Glad you guys are doing so well now in League City. Come up and visit when you can!

Kelli said...

YOU. ARE. HILARIOUS. And totally hard core. Gran Torino was very good ( and gave me weird dreams.) The cheesy song at the end? Not so very good. Or hard core.

Amber said...

3 words. You. Are. Dead.

I'm still laughing... Whether its from total and complete humiliation or sheer joy that I have you for my friend, I'm still not sure. ;)