My newfound obsession with the Facebook computer games is quite frankly getting a bit frightening. I mean for crying out loud, I used to be a prolific writer AND reader, I used to scrapbook constantly and always had my camera ready, my house was cleaner, my meals were better thought-out and I KNOW I was getting to bed earlier.
What the heck is happening to me? How am I letting myself escape and become obsessed with these idiot VIDEO GAMES? Me, who's always despised video games as a horrible waste of time. I can feel myself getting stupider with every click of the mouse.
What is this new escapist attitude I've adapted? I sleep later, care less about my health and spirituality, and these DUMB COMPUTER GAMES are seemingly my only past time. Do I really want to become like my parents? Playing on the computer in their respective rooms, periodically yelling something out to each other? (I say that with the utmost respect. Anyone who knew my parents knows they were deeply in love...just a tad comfortable...and hadn't they earned it after 36 years of marriage? I've only been married 6!!!).
I wonder why I'm having such a hard time lighting a fire under myself lately. I just. don't. have. the. drive.
This whole post just exhausted me. I think I'll go play Word Challenge.
9 comments:
LOL! (Nothing more)
two words: PET SOCIETY
and i just discovered the forums. Lets just say it's not a pretty site. i am DETERMINED to get something important done today, even though i stayed up playing till ONE THIRTY last night!
Seriously, we are two peas Jenny, you need to visit Chompers and play with him...
P.S. I just checked my google reader, and I am so far behind on blogs, more behind than ever before, I blame PS.
You are hilarious. I'm not obsessed with games on Facebook, but I do have that escapist attitude with the Internet and magazines. I blame mine on minor depression. *sigh*
I've vowed to stay away from any of those doo-dads on Facebook! I can stand to have one less thing to take up my time ;). I remember when I found Bejeweled for the first time...I played it ALL DAY!!
You're too funny. I haven't gotten hooked on any of the Facebook games, I'm just spending too much time playing Wii. But I'm totally in the same wasting my time on something stupid situation.
Oh Jenny...I am wasting my life away as well, although my preferred method is online shopping, YouTube and hulu. So if you if you come up with any solutions, I'm all ears.
I'm with Julie. I don't play any FB games but I am hooked on Guitar Hero.
I played Guitar Hero on Tour or something just ONE TIME and I was hooked. It's so freaking awesome!
Post a Comment