There is no bathtub in this house. Which is odd, because if you knew my mom, she was the most quintessential grandmas of all time, and her entire house was designed around the grand kids. But when it came time to remodel the bathroom, my parents decided to do this bathtub liner with a seat thingy and just have the shower edge higher than normal. My mom thought she was getting a sort of bathtub out of the deal, but seeing as how there was no drain plug, it was, unfortunately, not so. And I just didn't have the heart to tell her. Sometimes I put the kids in there anyway and just plug the drain with a Ziploc bag and something heavy.
Yesterday, Stevie wanted to "play in the water", so I plugged the drain, turned on the water, and went to put the clothes in the dryer. Well, I must of gotten distracted along the way, because 10 minutes later, I ran panicked back into the bathroom only to find my worst fears realized: everything in the room was floating. Yup, there was about an inch of water on the floor, with Stevie playing happily in the overflowing downpour.
Just super.
It took 8 towels, a comforter and a string of angry epithets to dry up the mess. On the bright side, the bathroom floor is probably cleaner than it's ever been.
4 comments:
I swear we are kindred spirits. I know if my bath tub didn't have the little drain thingy I would be in the same situation many times over.
Hehe, I am constantly leaving the girls with the water running! They like to pretend they are mermaids ;) and I'm just helping them along! LOL.
I need one of those liner thingy's for James' bathtub, its so old and nasty! Add it to the list!
I totally heard your voice in my head when I read the "Just super" line.
That is probably the only thing that would have gotten me to clean the bathroom floor too, so good job!
Post a Comment