Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family Joke

So far, we have one Grundberg family joke. It goes:
Person 1: Knock Knock
Person 2: Who’s there?
Person 1: Interrupting Cow
Person 2: Interrupting Cow wh….
Person 1: MOOOOOO!
You may have heard it. We certainly didn’t make it up. Nonetheless, all 4 of us regularly tell this joke amongst ourselves. Even David. Of course, when he says it, it sounds more like:
David: Knah, Knah
Me: Who’s There
David: Mumble mumble mumble Cow
Me: Interrupting cow who?
David: [Pause]……MOOOOO!
There are several variations on this joke that we tell, some of which are:
Interrupting Daddy (who interrupts with “Oh Yeah!” said with sportscaster intensity)
Interrupting Mommy (who says “Shoot a Monkey!” A habit I picked up somewhere. The epithet, that is. Not actually shooting monkeys).
Interrupting Stevie (who alternates between shouting nonsense words or singing the ABCs).
Interrupting Day-Day (who interrupts with “Naaaaaawww” in an extremely nasal voice).

So be forewarned: if my kids start saying weird things to you involving cows, make sure you laugh; it’s a joke.

Just thought I’d write this down for posterity.

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

too hilarious.

Carina Olsen said...

Too Cute. I love what kids think is funny. By the way... Thats one of my favorite jokes!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love it when kids start telling jokes! The first one my kids learned was the knock knock who's there orange joke that Lauren taught them. I'll have to teach them this one now.

Jenni said...

Ashley's first joke was "What did the fish say when it ran into a wall? ... Dam" She thought it was too funny that she could say this and not get in trouble.

The Joker said...

Funny knock knock jokes! Usually I'm just like... "knock knock jokes?... sad!"

But these were entertaining!

Amber said...

hehe - I particular loved your little one's version.