Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dreaming

Now I know our insurance money (when we DO actually get it) is going to have to stretch, but if I look really hard on craigslist, maybe I can find something that looks remotely like this:

(These couches recline! Isn't that awesome? Though I'm not fond of the blue paint in this room.)

Or a bedroom set that even somewhat resembles this:


And maybe something homey and country-looking (but maybe a bit lighter) for the breakfast or dining room like this:
That would make me pretty happy. But then again, there will be a lot of little things that will eat up that money quicker than I think. Like towels and sheets and plates and silverware. A washer and dryer. A vacuum cleaner. Shoes. Etc.

But I can dream a little before it all starts to happen and decisions actually have to be made, can't I?

7 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Good choices!! How exciting to get new furniture. You will be surprised with the luck you'll have on craiglist AND you might be able to get it for cheaper than their asking price if you haggle with them ;).

Jenni said...

Dreaming is what keeps us young and keeps our children alive.

Carina Olsen said...

I have those dreams too. Lets pray you get lots of money and that you can buy everything you want.

Cheree said...

I’m so sorry you guys are having such a hard time with the insurance folks. I really wish we could have been of more help . . .
In addition go craigslist (which is friggin awesome), check out Garden Ridge for kitchen tables and stuff. We got our kitchen table there on the cheap! (and it’s made well too). :-)

Jenny said...

Oooo, Cheree, I totally forgot about Garden Ridge!!!! I LOVE their stuff!

Jody said...

Also try the Dump and Ashley Furniture Wharhouse (not the regular store but where all the stuff with dings and scuffs go... I think its in Grand Prairie) we got a leather couch set almost IDENTICAL to your pic for our movie room! Good luck hun... you totally deserve to have all that stuff!

Amber said...

Or... You could just buy my dining table. :D Can't wait to see you again. And what!??!?!?!??! You're not going to live in League City?!?! You better not ditch me, woman!