Monday, December 6, 2010

Santa Pictures and Tree Lighting


Last Thursday we took the kids to the library to see Santa. While we waited in line for 30 minutes, my children took up with some random boy who insisted on pointing out all the dirty pictures on the romance novels. It was charming.

I asked the boys what they wanted for Christmas and Stevie told me, "I'd like TWO good rollerskates. Two." So I guess I'll have to return that single, crappy one I got for him.

Here's the boys' official Santa picture. Could they look any more thrilled?


And I hate to be an Ebeneezer Scrooge, here, but League City pretty much phoned it in with their Santa this year. Look at this guy! You can see his gray moustache underneath the fake white beard.


Afterwards, I herded them into the reception area for some cookies and cider, where we bumped into Shani and the kids. Turns out we'd been waiting in the same line just feet from each other the entire time. So we took the opportunity to shoot a few Christmas photos of the kiddos.


Outside they had a really neat old timey fire engine that the kids could climb and play on. The kids loved it.


Stevie absolutely INSISTED I take this dudetastic picture.


Then we thought it'd be a good idea to precariously balance Jake on the front bumper.



Anyway, it was a cute little night. What can we say? We're suckers for Christmasy goings-on.

1 comment:

Ben and Shani said...

We definitely should have been in line together. My lovely son also had to find those romance novels and point out the pics, NICE!!! Had to laugh when I read that on yours. Totally agree on the Santa. My kids were not impressed and said they knew it was not Santa. "Did you see his mustache, mom?" Yes, how could I miss it?