So naturally I thought it would be a great idea to grab a few singers and greet the people in my neighborhood with some festive Yuletide song....with all our very small children in tow...which turned out to be a bit like shepherding cats and then trying to convince them not to repeatedly ring doorbells.
But NONETHELESS, it was insanely fun. And none of my neighbors called the cops, so I think we're still in the goods with them all.
Afterwards, we came back to the house for some hot chocolate and some hot WASSAIL (pronounced Wah-sahl, I found out--to my dismay--last night. I've been saying it wrong for years). And I must say the hot drinks were incredibly refreshing, seeing as how it was about about 78 degrees out with 100% humidity. But I would have my Christmas!! So I cranked the AC down obscenely low to even things out. Brr!
But heedless of the wind and weather, whenever I get around these crazy people I have fun. And the cookies helped.
1 comment:
Caroling with you looks like lots of fun! We planned to go caroling, but it ended up raining. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment