Friday, June 25, 2010

Notes on the Week

1) The boys started swimming lessons! I watch them from afar (they don’t like the parents too close---apparently its distracting) as they kick their little legs and ice-cream scoop their arms. They’re having a really great time because they have church friends in their class---and I’m having fun because I get some mommy chitchat time!

2) I locked myself out of the house again. We really need to hide a key somewhere. The boys and I had an impromptu (and stiflingly hot) jaunt in the park while daddy drove ALL the way back from Galveston to unlock the door. So much for my productive day. Where is my brain lately?

3) Counting down until our big Chicago vacation! We haven’t seen S’s family in almost a year, and in that time Phil and Jessica had their first baby boy just weeks after J was born. We are anxious to get the two together for a playdate (translation—put them side by side on a playmat and oo and ah while they stare at the ceiling fan).

4) I’m finally back on track with some health goals (after a ridiculously long hiatus) and I’ve made a bit of progress. I hate it and love it at the same time.

5) Our air-conditioner is being unusually temperamental lately. If the temperature outside gets to 100 (which it soon will every day), then it decides to stop working. We had some guy come look at it and he told us he couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Will this be the dreaded summer in which the Grundbergs face their dire hatred of heat? Our finances say yes.

6) I’d like to round off this post with a few adorable pictures of J in the Bumbo (what an ingenious, hilarious little device this is…)




3 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I can't say I've ever locked myself out of the house. Car, yes. And I've accidentally locked Josh out.

Jake looks super cute in the Bumbo. I borrowed one to use with Jamie, but he doesn't seem that impressed with it.

Shelley said...

I sympathize with the air conditioning problem, ours occasionally goes on the fritz at well.

Jacob is adorable =)

Unknown said...

These pictures are so cute! So glad you finally found or got a new camera chord. What the heck is a bumbo?