So I will no longer be a patient of Dr. Nirmal in South Shore.
Last Saturday, I noticed my ear was starting to clog up and hurt a little bit. By Monday it was hurting like crazy. I called Dr. Nirmal (her credentials being that she was close by AND had an appointment available) so that I could get this thing nipped in the bud. They prescribed me some topical meds and I applied them religiously.
Well, four painful days and a kajillion phone calls later, I've FINALLY convinced them (meaning Dr. Nirmal and her charming nurse Connie---she really is a sweetie, I'm not being sarcastic) that my medication isn't working, seeing as how my ear still hurts like crazy and I can hear NOTHING out of it. I mean, how are topical antibiotics going to help when your ear canal is swollen SHUT? Seriously?? And I'm not even a doctor.
After much cajoling, she finally prescribed me some oral antibiotics. WHY should I have to cajole my doctor in the first place? Was she afraid I'd O.D. on amoxicillin?
At any rate--hopefully this will solve it. Honestly, I haven't had an ear infection in a over decade, but I certainly don't remember them being so drama-ridden. And so I'm done with Dr. Nirmal's office. I don't care how charming Connie is.
3 comments:
Yeah...Dr NimROD doesn't deserve your business anymore...aren't doctors supposed to HELP?
Yikes! I hope the antibiotics are helping. It seems like a few adults I know have had some ear infections recently.
I hate trying to find a good doctor. Josh and I have one that we like, and we like her staff, but it seems like she's always gone. And sometimes it's impossible to get an appointment in her office. I have a pediatrician that I like, but I'm not that impressed with the office staff.
Hope your ear feels better soon!
Ugh, ear aches are the pits. Here's hoping you get better soon.
Post a Comment