Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trip to the Fire Station


This actually happened a thousand years ago (Jan 22nd) and I'm just now getting around to posting it. Because I'm slow.

We were studying Community Helpers for Stevie's preschool last month, and one of said helpers was "The Fireman." One of the moms (you rock, Christine!) organized a trip to the League City Fire Station for the kids, and it was lots of fun.

They started it off with a really cool explanation of the fireman's uniform. I say cool because it was very well-tailored to the kids in that they wouldn't be threatened by seeing this huge, mask-wearing alien suddenly approaching them.


They talked about some of the basics of fire safety, one of which was stop-drop-and-roll. (Is it just me, or is there something terribly sexy about fireman's uniforms? Now where can a civilian get one....hmmmmm).


The kids were (of course) most excited about the fire engines (Which were, admittedly, wicked awesome). The firestation manager did a great job explaining all the different functions and all the different tools to the kids.


They even got to sit in the driver's seat! David was the most impressed, and kept saying to me, "Mom, MOM! Did you take my picture yet???"



And lastly, our group picture. The firemen were nice enough to take a picture of all of us together, and even loaned us some ultra-fetching fire helmets.

(And I know what you're thinking---you've never SEEN such an enormous pregnant woman draped in fuschia look so hot---I'm telling you, it's the uniform).

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh man does this bring back memories! Remember that trip to the firestation all those years ago, when our little kids were practically infants! Very fun!

Shelley said...

I love the fuchsia shirt, you look awesome!