Friday, February 19, 2010

Pictures of our New House

Since I officially chronicled the purchase of our minivan, I thought I'd finally put some pictures of our new house up. (This is mainly for posterity and my Arlington Peeps!)

Here's the front outside. I've always liked red brick.


Here's the front entryway/staircase. (These stairs still kill me, by the way)


This is our front room, or music room or whatever. Quite frankly, we're not entirely sure what to do in here. We thought maybe a couple of reading chairs and we've put the congas in there...but the coffee table still needs to be moved to the attic.


Our family room. Lots of natural light and a cozy fireplace that we actually use quite frequently, believe it or not.


This is, er, technically our dining room. But because we don't really have a need for a formal dining room, and we DO have a need to put all the kids' toys (seeing as how the bedrooms are pretty small) we went ahead and made the switch. Hopefully we'll get some organization going in there one of these days...


Our kitchen isn't that big and doesn't have many updates, but it's pretty nice and has lots of light. Plus, I'm a sucker for red.


The master bedroom. This isn't really a good shot of it, but I really like it. High ceilings and a pretty ceiling fan.


This is our master bathroom---no moldy tile, no ominously bubbling toilets and enough room to get ready at the same time!


This is probably my favorite part of the master bathroom. I love that I can read in the bathtub...though honestly I haven't used it much.


I'm not sure why it's so comforting to me to have the toilet enclosed in a closet-like enclave. The more doors to lock, the better, I guess


No pictures of the boys' and baby's room and the office---mostly because I just don't have the energy to clean them. We still have a lot we'd like to do to the house (decorating/painting-wise, etc), but that all costs money and I so I think we'll keep it like it is for awhile.

We really waited a long time to buy another home after Chicago, and I'm really glad we did. I feel like we really got what what we needed for a price we could afford. We love the area and hope we can stay here for a good long time.

And for all your Arlington folks out there, the baby's room converts into a guest room at the drop of a hat. So when are you coming down? :)

16 comments:

Shelley said...

Your house looks so nice! Those stairs must be a killer though =)

Jenni said...

It's beautiful. Bonnie and I will be down after you have that baby and are feeling up to it!

Shannon said...

First of all...the Chotsky! I love it! It made me grin, big time!

Secondly, holy crap woman! That is one beautimous house! Love love love it! And I love your red kitchen, so nice! You guys deserve a wonderful house and I am so glad you found one that seems to suit your every need!

~Darcy~ said...

OMGosh, this house is BEAUTIFUL!! The front is gorgeous!! Congratulations girl!! I love it!! It looks great!

ecuasteve said...

I love how you keep the kids in their place by indoctrinating them with Mr. Waternoose: "There is nothing more toxic and deadly than a human child."

Jenny said...

Weird, how the heck did you know our kids have been watching "Monsters, Inc." nonstop for the past 2 weeks? By the way, I also just got a writing pad that says, "I childproofed the house, but they keep getting in."

Also, how are you and Jocelyn liking New York?

ecuasteve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ecuasteve said...

Although sarcasm doesn't always translate well in writing, I know your father and will therefore assume you're kidding when asking how I knew about the Monsters, Inc. obsession. If you're not kidding, zoom in on the pic of your family room and read the closed captions.

New York is great. There's definitely some things we miss about Texas, but life is good.

Jenny said...

I just really wanted to immortalize that line in the movie. By the by, I'd be happy to recite the movie verbatim at a formal reading.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Holy Canoli, when can I move in??

Beautiful...just beautiful!

Kristy said...

Jenny! I love your house! It is so beautiful just the way it is! I am so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for sharing pictures the new sweet pad with all of us. I'm still looking for a music conference close by so I can crash that guest room and we can get our jam fest going on in the music room ;)

Solveig Atwood said...

What a great looking house! I love it! We'll have to come visit one of these days.

Jenny said...

ABSOLUTELY! And I know I said Arlington Peeps, Solveig, Mags and Darcy, but you know you were included in that, right? We've got beaches down here! (Not very awesome ones, mind you...and Mags, you probably have the same ones closer to you in Atlanta, but nonetheless, come on down!)

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

The house is beautiful!! I love the red kitchen!

Unknown said...

It's so fun to see pictures of your new home and van...Almost like we've been there to visit,but not really. Ya know? No? Me either. We really need to come down and visit. This Wisconsin winter is killing me.