Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep is horribly cyclical. Once I wake up, I immediately start thinking about all the things that might be bothering me--any imagined slights, or any offense I might have caused, any tasks I've left undone, or maybe just all the dumb things I've done lately. (Seldom do I lay awake glowing over my general awesomeness).
The worst part is that my feelings seem to amplify at night, so that the more I think about things, the more frazzled I become, until I've worked myself into a state of unparalleled wide-awakeness. Then it’s usually a few hours before I've exhausted myself enough to get back to sleep.
This is my 3rd night in a row doing this. Mostly because A.) I'm waking up almost literally every hour to use the bathroom, B). the baby likes to dance at night and C.) because once I start losing sleep, I'm tired during the day and end up falling asleep at inopportune times. And because I've gotten extra sleep during the day, I'm more likely to wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking about things.
Hence my 4:10AM post.
3 comments:
I know exactly how you feel!
Eeew! 4:10am!! At that time, I had been asleep for approx an hour and a half :). Whoops. Just think of it as 'preparation' for the every-two-hour feedings that are just around the corner. And turn on the tv! That will dull those thinking thoughts!
Big hugs!
And boys never understand what goes on in our minds or the fact that we can't always turn everything off and just pass out like they do.
Post a Comment