Monday, June 6, 2011

Things That Cheer Me Up

1.) Counting my blessings---when I'm in a mindset to do so, that is. Remembering that when I can put things in the world context, I really live a very charmed, ridiculously free and easy life. Sometimes I can remember that my children are never in want, my husband has work, and I am safe. But because my funks are often selfish indulgences, I'll put up mental roadblocks and forget.

2.) This man.


3.) Sometimes when I'm blue, we'll have a social engagement and I just can't bring myself to go. I'll tell Steven, "Forget it, I can't face anyone today." And he'll say, "Yes, you can. We're going." And so I go. And then I'll have an outstandingly hilarious time that makes me forget why I was blue in the first place. It's funny how friends can do that.

4.)These little maniacs


5.) A night of relaxation with my family---where we order pizza so I don't have to cook, watch a fun movie and just horse around. Those are always a good pick-me-up.

6.) Time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post, jenny! So uplifting and fun! You really do have the best family ever ;) Love you! Xoxo

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Good list!