Thursday, January 14, 2010

Things the Lord Might Be Trying to Teach Me

Obedience. Even when things don't make sense to me. I need to remember that some things are bigger than myself and bigger than all the minds of the secular and spiritual world, and that as I struggle to find the right answers, I need to trust Him. I need to let go of my pride and just trust Him.

Humility. I need to humble myself enough to receive service from others. Acting like nothing's wrong all the time doesn't help anything. When someone's hand is outstretched, I need to take it. I did that today and it made a world of difference. How else can His angels do their work?

Faith. If there was ever a time where faith and faithfulness were absolutely necessary, it's now. How will can I ever teach my boys anything if I continually waver? I need to change my "I believe" to "I know." But, O Lord, help Thou my unbelief! Help me to be diligent when its easier to be irresolute! "Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above."

Gratitude. The blessings in my life are amazing, and oftentimes incredible! These aren't coincidences--these are hand-delivered answers to prayers and sometimes even to secret desires. What tremendous gifts I've been given, and through no merit of my own! It's time to slow down and recognize more fully God's constant hand in my life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and honest writing, Jenny. The two quotes in the faith section of your post are very close to my heart. The last verse of 'Come thou Font' causes both me and Vaughn cry up a storm every time. We seem to always hear or sing this hymn when we are going through an especially difficult time. I feel uplifted just thinking about what you wrote and knowing that we are all striving to improve in similar areas . . and blessed with those pesky custom-made trials that fit our shortcomings to a tee - it's maddening how wise God is! I love you and am so glad we are fighting the good fight together :)
<3 Mags

Jenni said...

Just remember that everyone is struggling too. I know sometimes you get down on yourself and you are fabulous. I really loved reading these words that so obviously came from the heart.

Shannon said...

Love you Jenny!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Sending you **HUGS**! I love this post so much, as always, you inspire me!
Love ya!