Stevie Jr. is constantly surrounded by women. He is vastly outnumbered by oodles of cute little girls at church, and has apparently adapted to his situation quite comfortably. He's also one of the two boys in his preschool class, and often can be found playing "Daddy" in a routine game of "House."
Today we went to the park for a little impromptu playdate with some friends. After awhile, we noticed that he had been holding hands with his little friend Rachel for quite some time. Upon further examination, we realized they were playing "House," and Stevie was (once again) "Daddy." (Stevie and Rachel often play house together, and cavalierly call each other "Honey" with an unusual air of confidence and authority).
I ooed and ahhed a teeny bit on the cuteness of it all--until I happened to glance up at the top of the slide just in time to watch Stevie plant a big kiss on the Rachel's mouth.
I just about died laughing, all the while advancing on them as if to---WHAT, exactly?---I'm not sure. Give them a scathing lecture on NICMO'S? (Non-Committal Make-Outs). And of course by this time they had already run off and were playing there next game--as artlessly and nonchalantly as only a recently kissed 5 year old can do.
Later, upon gentle questioning, it was discovered that they were pretending to get married, and so OF COURSE they had to kiss. Realism, apparently, was of great importance--and in their sweet, innocent 5 year old minds, marriage=kissing.
So I just mentioned lightly that we really shouldn't go around kissing our friends, and that hugs and holding hands were probably just fine. But man, that was one cute moment. Wish I'd had my camera.
5 comments:
Wow, already at it at his age. Just wait until he's a teenager, you're going to have your hands full!
That is way too cute!! Although Bella will be extremely jealous...haha :).
And its totally flip-flopped here...Bella is surrounded by little boys! And they all seem to run for cover when she is around them, poor girl! lol. So glad 'the girls' love having Stevie play house!
Hooo boy! Cute story, and I agree, just wait until he is a teenager, all this practice on wooing the ladies will probably pay off with lots of girlfriends. *sigh* can't they just stay 5 forever?
How funny.
Too cute! It's fun to have little boys!!
Post a Comment