Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween

Good Grief. THE CANDY!!!!

There are currently three gallon-sized zip-locked bags sitting on our counter at this very minute holding the boys’ Halloween candy. And that’s not even counting all the crappy candy I just threw away because I knew none of us would ever eat it.

So needless to say, the boys got a great haul this year.

Trunk-or-Treat was really fun this year. We combined with South Shore and Kemah wards, so it was HUGE! There were tons of cars for the kids to visit, and some of them were really creative! I manned our “JAWS” trunk while Steven took the boys around from car to car. One of the guys from our ward even brought his juggling equipment, and was JUGGLING FIRE right in front of our car! It was amazing. Here’s a picture of the cuties—(and I was almost tempted to cut myself RIGHT OUT of this picture, because I look like death warmed over--that belt doesn't look so great under preggie-belly).


We took the boys trick-or-treating around the neighborhood on Halloween as well, and it was so much fun.


We just went door to door, circling a few blocks. We had to explain to the boys that we only went to houses where the front porch light was on. Lots of people in our neighborhood were waiting on their front porch, sitting in lawn chairs and handing out candy. It was just really nice, for some reason—it felt old-school. It was dark outside---you talked with the neighbors who you hardly ever see otherwise. It was great.

Afterwards, we headed back to the house to examine the haul. It was quite appalling, but the boys were pleased.



We let them stay up WAY too late as we all watched dumb Disney Halloween movies together. What a great night.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

No need to cut yourself out of the picture, you look good!