Friday, November 20, 2009

End of Season


Stevie’s last two games of the season were last Saturday, and he did a great job. They don’t actually keep score, mind you, but nonetheless all the kids worked hard and had fun. After the last game, there was a little ceremony where the teams lined up and sat around the infield, and the coaches called the kiddos up one by one and handed them their trophies.

At every game, the coach gives out a “game ball” to a player who’s done a particularly good job. Stevie got the game ball at the last game because he was the played that showed the most improvement and “always plays hard” (which is definitely true---I’ve seen the kid chase after the ball with an almost scary look of determination on his face).


I’m really proud of him. He really listened, followed instructions and tried hard. And what’s more, he really enjoyed it. I think our first experience with organized sports was a success. Stay tuned to see what he does next!

2 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Yay Stevie! I'm glad he enjoyed himself so much. It's fun when you find an activity that your child really likes.

Jenni said...

It is so much fun to watch them learn and grow. It is the best to watch them try so hard and have a blast.