Thursday, August 20, 2009

Slide Rock State Park

Okay, I'm running a little behind, but now now comes part three of our vacation hi-jinks. On Wednesday, we went to Slide Rock National Park. I was so excited to go, because the park looked really amazing! The river had carved out all these amazing little natural water slides in the rock that you can play in--kind of a homemade water park.

The drive down was absolutely breath-taking. But once we got to the park, we found out that there was a dangerous bacteria count--and therefore we weren't allowed in the water AT ALL!! I was so bummed that I just wanted to turn around and drive back home. But everyone convinced me to get out and have a looksie, and I'm glad they did.

Like I said, the scenery was amazing. Here's David and I posing in front of some of the water slides.

There was a little bridge that allowed you to cross from one side of the creek to the other. Stevie is doing a strange little gremlin-dance to demonstrate his glee.

Here's a picture of a brooding David--I think we wore him out a little bit.

I love this little Father/Son shot of Steven and David.

Our candid family photo

Phil and Jess's family shot--don't ask me why Phil deemed it necessary to straddle Jessica like that.

Afterwards, I was pretty pooped. Let me rephrase that--I wanted to collapse into a puddle of nothingness. But everyone else was still rarin' to go. We stopped several times on the way home to take some pictures of the beautiful scenery.



And this is how I really felt when it was finally all over

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Tired is bad but at least you are making all these wonderful memories.

Anonymous said...

Slide Rock is awesome, but the water is fuh-reezing cold.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

That area of Arizona is so beautiful! Everytime we'd vacation there, I would wish we could just pack up and move there. I can't wait to get back to Slide Rock one day!