Wednesday, January 9, 2008

AN EVENING IN REVIEW

Being in the holiday mood for self-improvement, I decided to make a few changes today. Firstly, I put on make-up, fixed my hair and put on semi-nice clothes in an effort to show my husband I "still care." Secondly, I had the house cleaned up and dinner ready to go at 5:25pm. As I was serving said dinner to my family and husband, he looks up and cavalierly announces that he'll be "taking his to-go." At that moment the door bell rings. Josh Grimmett is at the door, ready to pick up S for Home Teaching. Seems S forgot to tell me-- (what, no, you must be joking! Not the Steven I know! He is the picture of fastidiousness!) Did I mention it was family home evening night for us as well?

But wait, there's more...

Due to a pasta dinner, my children were covered in goo. I put them in the tub with a million of their favorite bath toys. As they're happily splashing away, I turn my back (foolish, foolish girl!) and begin cleaning up the bathroom. Only seconds later, I hear my oldest say "uh-oh, D went poo-poo." (Not that there was much I could have done in the way of prevention).

If you don't already know, there is nothing grosser than the bathtub poop. There is almost no getting away from the desire to bleach everything in the vicinity, including the kids. In the midst of cleaning up the unbelievable mess, our toilet decides to overflow (...and it looks like such a docile little thing).

I calmly walked out of the room, called S, briefed him on the situation and advised him to come home forthwith, as I was obviously losing my mind.

I'll try the improvement thing again tomorrow. Or the next day.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, no! Not the bathtub poop! Take some time for yourself tomorrow to make up for it. Hope you at least get a good night's sleep. And yay for your blog!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Yay for blogs!

Shannon said...

oh my gosh! you are so cute! and yes the dreaded bathtub poop! Keith has a tendency to put brady in the tub straight out of the diaper without checking, needless to say he is the one that cleans it up!

Jody said...

Bathtub poop stories ROCK!!! Next time film for the teen years when he will be in need of humbling... mauauahahahahahah (this may be why I'm not a parent...)

Jenni said...

Now keep in mind that my kids are older and can bathe themselves, toherwise that sounds like an evening at my house. The boys get so mad when we forget to tell them things but...