Friday, January 11, 2008

DIRTY TRICK

Alright, folks.

Here's the darn honest truth! I've been working out at the gym 4 to 5 days a week for an hour each time for AN ENTIRE YEAR NOW! That's approximately 3 1/2 hours of cardio and two 30 min. sessions of weights EVERY WEEK! Your suprised, aren't you. But let me tell you, I'm religious about it! I bet you couldn't tell that from looking at me. If it were entirely up to being physically active, I'd have this whole healthy lifestyle thing down.

So why must it be that in my particular genetic make-up I can only eat sprout-like materials in order to be a normal size! I'll admit, I've never honestly had a healthy relationship with a vegetable. So until I can make some kind of green peace, I'm most likely doomed. Can anyone out there tell me that they have had to eat 1100 calories a day or less to maintain a healthy weight? Because in my whole life, that's been my only success. Yes, its possible to achieve, but you're starving the entire time. (I did it before my wedding).

So let me warn you now...if you are thin...be extra wary of me the next time I've eaten Diet Fiber Cardboard Flecks for breakfast and still can't fit into my favorite jeans.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Ugh, that is so frustrating! I HATE working out, so I gotta give you props for that.

elisa said...

Maybe it's stress or hormones?
Is there a favorite food?
I think it's great you work out! That is a good way to feel better!
Where do you work out?

Jenny said...

I work out at the Cliff Nelson Rec Center in S. Arlington. I love it because its cheap AND it has free babysitting while you workout. Plus, after your workout, there's a playground outside and a park with ducks and turtles. I love it!