Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekly Catch-up of Summer Happenings

For family night we played Monopoly Empire.  Gracie was on my "team" and Jacob played on Dad's.  I was surprised at how much fun we actually had, and how well the older boys played.  At the eleventh hour, however, Daddy and Jacob rolled a miraculous hand, and immediately after going bankrupt WON THE GAME!  There was much victorious, over the head hand-shaking.



Wednesday found us at at a day-trip with the Cub Scouts to the Armand Bayou Nature Center.  I had never been before, and it was really neat!  There's lots of natural wildlife exhibits and hiking trails.  I'd like to go back when I have more bug spray and better shoes on.

I just want you to know that MOMENTS before, the boys were running around and laughing like crazy.  The frowns aren't from the amazing time they had or the delicious popsicle they're enjoying, they're from Mom forcing them to take  yet another picture.

Stevie in particular insists on rolling his eyes at me every time I ask for a picture.  Come to think of it, he's starting to roll his eyes for numerous other reasons as well.  He's not even ten years old, for crying out loud!  I didn't think all this attitude would be here for at least another 2 years!  A friend suggested that I bop him on the back of the head when he rolls his eyes and say, "Whoops, didn't want your eyes to stick that way!"

It rained for the rest of the week, so we spent some time shopping and hanging around the house.  Gracie received her first (of many I'm sure) tiara, and David got a new pair of swimming goggles.  





But other than a few night-time giggles involving the Mario and Luigi hats, we had a pretty boring week.

Yes, my sweet baby girl is wearing her older brother's old pajamas, complete with adjustable crotch.  I always thought I would dress her like a princess in every instance, but then I remembered how cheap I am.




No comments: