Friday, July 11, 2014

Day at the Beach

This week I spent a day at the beach with these fun folks:


I love the beach, but I don't usually stay that long.  I guess I lose interest after awhile.  This day was an exception.  I'm not sure if it was because Daddy was with us, or because we went with good friends.   Maybe it was because I wasn't feeling petrified of jellyfish at the moment.  Whatever the reason, we ended up staying for FIVE HOURS!  I had such a marvelous time.  I could have floated with my kids in the waves, or sat on the sand talking all day long.

Here the kids are participating in the obligatory beach excavation.  Never been when some serious digging didn't take place.

Elle and David posing as mud creatures.
Gracie and Jake loved feeding Doritos to the seagulls---far away from us, thankfully.  (I hate those flying rats).

This beach trip has convinced me that I need to spend more time on the sand and in the waves.  Just fills up your soul with goodness.  

No comments: