
A year or so back, when my sis-in-law Jess and I were pregnant at the same time, she told me she'd worked out a little algorithim to determine the likeliness of having a girl/boy in the Grundberg family. I think the odds turned out being something like 99.9 percent in favor of boys. And case in point, we both ended up having boys (Jacob for me, Samuel for her).
So when I found out I was pregnant this time, I just knew it would be a boy. I just knew. Something in me said, "Hey, this is how it goes in our family. I'll just be the family sweetheart." I had picked out the names Benjamin, Matthew or Noah.
So GREAT was surprise at my ultrasound yesterday when the technician typed the words, "I'M A GIRL" on the screen. I laughed out loud when she told me. Then she went on to explain that she was really only about 90% sure, and that I'd be coming back on Dec. 1st for another ultrasound, so we could double-check then.
I still don't believe it. I think I'm in shock right now. I've been feeling the strangest train of emotions for the past 24 hours, none of which I think I'm ready to write about. It's just I was so sure.
So I guess Mom figured out a way to send a girl down to me after all.



4 comments:
Sooooooooooo excited for you guys! Xoxoxo
Super happy for you!!
Yay for a girl!
Super super happy for you! Girls are so fun! Though they are equally mischievous. Do you have any names picked out?
Post a Comment