Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good GRIEF, Time flies (Mostly About Me, By the Way)

It's already been almost a month since my last post. I blush with shame! So much has happened and so many pictures are crowding up my camera that I really should feel a little sheepish. So until I get those pictures loaded, here are a few things that have been occupying my time lately.

I'm currently the Stake Music Chairperson, and it's a calling I really struggle with. For the past month or so, I've been trying to figure out how to work out the music for stake conference in October and our Christmas program in December. It's been an endless circle of phone calls, emails, begging, pleading, kowtowing, pulling my hair out, nervous breakdowns and then some teeny triumphs (I know that sounds extreme, but that’s truly the best way I can describe it). Our stake presidency seems to want to drive me insane, but at least they’re nice about it.

Also on the agenda is the Primary Program (I'm also the Primary Chorister). I never feel too worried about it until September starts to roll around. Then all of the sudden things go cuckoo bananas. This year was no different, though I think we finally might have everything ironed out. Fortunately, the program is this Sunday---so here goes nothin’!

Oh, by the way, I’m 34 now. It actually happened last month, but with me feeling sort of sick and the boys’ birthdays, mine was sort of swept under the rug. Fortunately, some fabulous friends took me out to dinner last weekend and made me feel quite sprecial. They even serenaded me with “Happy Birthday” right in the middle of the restaurant. It was tremendous!

But the biggest news I have is that the GRUNDBERG CABOOSE IS ON ITS WAY! That’s right, folks—Baby #4 will be here the 1st week of March. (Do you like how I just snuck that info in way down here at the bottom?) I went to the doctor on my birthday and saw the heartbeat and watched the little peanut wiggle and squirm! Seems to be a very healthy, very normal little baby.


Now as to what JAKE will think about this little bit remains to be seen. Look out, Buddy, trouble’s a-comin’!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yay for 34 and for babies! Maybe we'll get a Grundberg girl this time...if not though, you're well on your way to a boys' soccer team, so it's all good.

Shannon said...

This is the best news ever!!! Congrats Miss Jenny!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

ummmm....did I totally miss this....yes, yes I did! GAH!! CONGRATS on baby #4, that's so stinking cool!!!! YAY!!!

Solveig Atwood said...

Oh YAY, Jenny!!! I was hoping when you mentioned a few posts ago that you weren't feeling well, that this was the reason why. I love that we're going to have two babies the exact same ages! How much fun is that, another little Grundberg. Can't wait to see if will be another boy or a little girl this time!

OK, and I can't believe you are BOTH the Stake Music Chair AND the the Primary Chorister??? What in the world? Both of those are HUGE callings. You are amazing to do both...I would have asked to be released from one of them by now!

Jenny said...

Sol---I've been dying to tell you ever since I saw your post about FEb. 22nd! And yes, I'd love to be released from Stake Music Chair, to tell you quite honestly...but I figure I better at least put in a good year...

Unknown said...

You are amazing! Congrats & love.