Monday, July 11, 2011

Thief!

I had a rotten head cold this morning, and so I let the boys have Pop Tarts and chocolate milk for breakfast. (I know, Mother-of-the-year). I even let them have the chocolate fudge flavor, so as you can imagine they were terribly excited about the utter decadence of it all.

As I was upstairs getting ready, I heard an angrily indignant yell coming from downstairs. I rushed down to see the problem, and found THIS little thief to be the culprit.


Stevie had nonchalantly set his pop tart down on the end table, being careful to push it way to the back so Jake couldn't reach it. Well apparently, Jake is getting smarter, because he quietly crept between the couch and the end table, snatched the pop tart, and began eating it as surreptitiously as possible.

Stevie turned expecting to find his delicious breakfast treat waiting for him, and instead found a chocolate-covered Jake. He was quite inconsolable, and refused a replacement pop tart of any kind.

And Jake was noticeably excitable for the rest of the morning.

3 comments:

elshmobelsh said...

what a doll! and a sneaky one at that! looking at the boys swim pics reminds me of last years swimming lessons. good times! the boys are impressively better. mine?... not so much :)

Unknown said...

Jake is getting smarter and craftier every day! hahaha! Great story, Jenny ;)
Xoxox,
Mags

Bonnie said...

People keep telling me that "new research" has proven that sugar doesn't make kids hyper. I have to call bologne on that theory, my kids are more charged than a battery after they have sugar. Jake doesn't even look remotely remorseful.