Saturday, August 28, 2010

David's Birthday Party

I kinda phoned it in for David's birthday party this year. But considering that LAST year I decided to get sick and go to the hospital on the day of his party, I figure this year was a step up.

We borrowed a pool and a slip-n-slide from some friends, and had a bunch of kiddos from his primary and preschool classes come over and swim in the backyard,


while the adults gabbed (my favorite part of kids' parties). It was the first party I've EVER THROWN in which I wasn't monumentally stressed.




The trampoline with a sprinkler under it was a big hit, if not slightly terrifying.


At one point I was sure it might collapse, and so we ended up regulating 5 minutes segments to boys/girls only.


Jake had some watery fun of his own with some of the other little cuties...


Steven grilled up some dogs, of course


David was a little overwhelmed all day---but he definitely enjoyed opening presents!


But I'd say the coup-de-gras of the evening was definitely the wet cupcake we found in the cooler's cupholder. Delish! :)

2 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Thats the BEST kind of party!!! Looks like SO much fun...good job, girl!!
And a happy, happy birthday to Day-day!

Jenni said...

The faces your family makes crack me up. Yea for not being so stressed out that you couldn't enjoy the shindig!