Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Few Things

1. I taught David's preschool this week. It actually went pretty well. All the kiddies played nicely, and we had a good time. My theme was "Camping", and we sang songs by the "campfire" (my fireplace), made s'mores on the stove, made some binoculars and even took a hike around the neighborhood. There really are the most adorable kids in our little preschool co-op--I could just eat them all up. Of course, Jake decided to freak out for the last half-hour or so, but other than that, it was quite nice. But I'm glad it's over.

2. I've lost my camera USB cord. So while I have all these absolutely cutetastic pictures of Jake, I have no way to upload them onto my computer. *Sigh. I hope I find it soon.

3. I would really like a money tree. Anyone know where I can pick one up? Why does everything cost so much? And why does it seem like the comfortable amount that we lack each month is equal to the exact amount of our tithing? Heavenly Father -- you sure are good at testing us! The wretched thing is when it becomes a question of whether I go back to work or we pay our tithing. I don't really want to deal with that right now (Do you hear that, tax assessors?)

4. It's almost swimming weather, and I can't wait. I love to swim, and we have a little neighborhood pool that I'm dying to try out. The only way to stay cool outside in Texas during the summer is spending it fully immersed in water, and I fully intend to do just that! So if you're looking for me sometime this summer, you know where I'll be.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Swimming sounds wonderful! I hope your USB cable magically reappears, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see more recent pics. If I was your neighbor (which I am someday destined to be), I would come over right now and let you borrow my USB for as long as you needed it. Miss you and thinking good thoughts your way.

Jenny said...

Awww, Mags, you always cheer me up. And its true--it is destiny.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I was outside from like 10 this morning until 6 this evening and swimming sounds heavenly.
I've lost my camera USB cable before. It stinks. I hope it turns back up, I want to see pictures of your cute baby :)
And, yeah, I need a money tree, too.