After loading up on sugary treats and running around like crazy people, the coach awarded the kids with a little soccer trophy.

They were so proud (and so was I—I don’t know, I know that all the kids got a trophy. You would have thought they’d just won the world cup).


It wasn’t long before the kids had abandoned the safety of the pavilion and were darting out into the rain storm.

It eventually the thunder got so alarmingly loud that we feared another flooding like last year.

We escaped to the car during a brief lull and loaded two outrageously wet children in the back of the van.
I really enjoyed doing soccer through League City. It was very laid back and the kids had lots of fun. We definitely plan on trying out another sport in the fall. Because hey, if I want them to learn to love being active human beings, then someone’s gotta teach ‘em, right? (And it definitely shouldn’t be me—unless they want to be that dork who’s running the wrong way or scoring a point for the other team. Just being honest here).
2 comments:
David and Stevie are just so darn cute in their soccer outfits! Congrats on a successful season :)
You had all the rain for soccer and we had all the sunburn! Ash had a tournament and I am toasty still.
Post a Comment