Saturday, October 26, 2013

Swimming

We went to the pool this summer every.  single.  day.  Except on Sundays and Tuesdays when it was closed.  I find it's a great place to keep all my monkeys active and thoroughly entertained (and cool---because it was a billion degrees every day this summer).

He looks so fantastic in this picture---absolutely flying.  Don't want to think about how it felt when he landed, though.

Stevie in mid-flip.  He and David got pretty good at them this summer.

My little water bug.  She started out the summer in a baby-float, but didn't love the lack of independence. 

Once I put her in a water wings she was happy as a clam.  She would even jump in the pool from the side by the end (and I use the term "jump" loosely.  She doesn't exactly know how to jump yet, and so mostly she'd just bend her knees theatrically and fall into the pool).
Jacob made considerable progress this summer!  He's finally learned to swim on his own.  He was going off the diving board and down the slide in the deep end all summer long.  It's so nice to have him swimming so I don't have to feel worried about him at the pool.

Here he is in one of his Geronimo-style jumps!
Stevie slip-slidin' away.

I spent a lot of time with this lady in the pool this summer.  We had a weekly Thursday-pool play date and I loved them.  Love her, love her kids, just all around loved Thursdays.

A picture of my sweetie in her cute little swim-suit.  It was already a bit too short for her by the end of the summer.

All of the soppin-wet Grundbergs!



No comments: