Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First Trip to the Beach of the Summer

Living near the coast definitely has it's bonuses.  One of which is living about 20 minutes away from the beach.  The kids and I took our first trip to the beach in June, visiting a cute little cove called 'El Jardin Beach.'  We joined some friends there and had a lovely time.

Jakie was quite the little fish out there.  He was a little overconfident for my taste.  I had to keep reminding him (and his older brothers) to stay a little closer to shore). 


Our friends brought a boogie board, and Stevie and Jake has a great time pulling it through the tiny waves (the water was very calm that day).
When he wasn't swimming in the ocean, David spent most of his time digging a gigantic hole in the sand.  I'm not sure why this is so satisfying to kids, but it really is.  I remember doing it at his age too.
Gracie was very suspicious of the water at first, but she warmed up quickly.  By the end of the day she was squealing with joy in the waves and covered head to foot in sand.
So many things to note in this picture: how unfairly thin and gorgeous my friend Kallie, how much dirt and sand has accumulated on Gracie's backside, Jake mooning the camera because his britches were a bit big, etc....
All the little duckies lined up in a row.

No comments: