I went to the doctor today. As the nurse was checking my vitals, she mentioned that my blood pressure was higher than normal. 138/90??!!! I was really upset, since I usually have pretty low blood pressure.. Especially since I've been working really hard to have a healthier lifestyle (harder workouts, better eating, etc). I've actually lost almost 25 lbs! How could my blood pressure be worse? I know that both of my parents had high blood pressure, and I started to worry that maybe genetics were going to catch up to me regardless of my new healthier habits.
I was so worried about it that I peppered my doctor with questions as to what could have been the cause. She told me that some people get "white coat syndrome," where they get nervous around doctors. I was pretty sure that wasn't the case since I only had Grace with me, and was therefore MUCH calmer than usual. (Sorry boys). I eventually wheedled another blood pressure check out of them just to make sure.
114/68. Phew! I feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment