In the morning, we headed out to Kemah to watch the parade with some friends. The big boys were definitely not thrilled about being there, until they started throwing candy---that changed their minds pretty quickly. Jake, however, never quite got his spirits up.
Afterwards, we headed out to the League City Citizen Appreciation Day that they throw every year. Free hot dogs, cotton candy, face-painting, bounce houses and even pony rides! I love this town.
After cooling off a bit at home (and cooling off tempers---Jake's and Mommy's especially), we decided to go watch the fireworks in Nassau Bay. Since we moved here four years ago, this was by far the best fireworks experience we've had. Plenty of space, not over-crowded at all and a beautiful view of the fireworks over the water. The weather had even cooled down to the high 80s!
My Yankee Doodle Sweethearts
I spent a good part of the evening convince the boys not to jump off the rocks into the water.
Bubby and Sissy
All my babies lying on the blanket waiting for the fireworks to begin.
My super-cute husband being goofy with me.
Some nice little kids came up and offered us some glow necklaces. The boys were thrilled!
All-in-all, not too shabby of a Fourth. I think we'll probably repeat all these activities again next year (though Steven had the excellent idea to bring delicious foodstuffs to the fireworks. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?)

4 comments:
The adorableness is out of control! Happy 4th!!!
Oh my GOSH how cute is Gracie?? Or all of your kids for that matter? Looks like you had a great 4th! I'm jealous of your fireworks!
The kids all look adorable! If we are ever in town for the 4th, we will have to head there with you. Looks fun! (Like how I am inviting myself:)).
That's quite a lot of activity for a holiday that snuck up on you! Looks like tons of fun and the family is just as cute as ever.
Post a Comment