Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stake Christmas Program

This year I manhandled the task of putting on the Stake Christmas Program. The first half was comprised of musical numbers from the various wards, and the last half was the Stake Choir, performing selections from Part I of Handel's Messiah. It was a bit stressful (I was SO grateful when it was over), but I think it turned out nicely. The program was as follows (just for my own personal record):


I was very worried about the Stake Choir--- if you've never sung it, the Messiah is extremely challenging music! But at the last minute, we had a professional opera singer from the Clear Lake 2nd ward join the soprano section. I think everyone was so relieved that we all sang better because of it! And as a special surprise, Sister Chan organized for a small youth orchestra group to perform with us on The Hallelujah Chorus. It sounded fantastic (and I have to add that MY father was the FIRST person to stand for the chorus. I felt pretty proud).

No comments: