Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Feasts

Each year, the boys' school puts on a 'Thanksgiving Feast.' The parents are invited to come and eat a thanksgiving lunch with the kiddo. Steven took a few hours off of work so that we could attend together.

The problem is that Stevie and David have lunchtime an hour apart. But we went to both anyway. First up was Stevie. Here he is waiting in line with his buddy Bryson.


Poor Steven Sr. doesn't usually get a traditional Thanksgiving dinner---we didn't do it that way in my family growing up and since I'm the cook.... So he was understandably enthusiastic about getting his Turkey and cranberry sauce on...


We brought the umbrella stroller SPECIFICALLY to trap Jacob and keep him from escaping, but he cried so piteously that we let him escape. He did pretty well staying in his seat the whole time.


Next up was lunch with David. I didn't eat lunch the first time (with Stevie), so I brought a little something for David and I. I'm not sure why my face looks so entirely insincere in this picture---I really do love my little munchkin. And he sort of looks like he's trying to escape me....


Come to think of it, David doesn't look terribly enthused in this picture with Steven either. I promise he was glad we were there!!! (Wasn't he?)


Yesterday (Thanksgiving Day) was spent in the lovely home of Joey and Lee. Lee cooked some traditional things, like turkey breast, green bean casserole and stuffing. And my dad brought a rib roast (of course), while I brought the rolls, salad and potatoes. This is all, of course, is addition to an outrageous assortment of desserts made by Joey and me---all of which everyone was too stuffed to eat more than a bite of. Joey and Lee's home always looks so beautiful and the meal was delicious. All in all, a great (and filling!) Thanksgiving meal.




But now.....

IT'S TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!

No comments: